Avocado smash bruschetta
|Ingredients||10 serves||15 serves||25 serves|
|Avocado, peeled, stone removed||600g||900g||1.5kg|
|Black pepper, ground||to taste||to taste||to taste|
|Paprika, ground||½ teaspoon||¾ teaspoon||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Basil, finely chopped||1 cup||1 ½ cups||2 ½ cups|
|Sourdough bread stick, sliced||1 breadsticks||1 ½ breadsticks||2 ½ breadsticks|
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a bowl, gently mash the avocado with a fork to a chunky consistency.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and paprika to the mashed avocado and mix well.
- Add some of the basil (reserving some for garnish) and gently combine.
- Toast bread slices under the grill for 15 to 20 seconds each side, until lightly golden.
- Spread each slice with 2 slices of tomato, and top with avocado.
- Serve each slice with a sprinkle of chopped basil and black pepper.
- Use any leftover avocado mixture as a topping for baked potatoes or a healthy sandwich spread.
- This is a great addition to the canteen menu as a snack or breakfast option, as it’s easy to prepare and to eat!
- Try different types of breads, such as toasted wholemeal, grainy, seeded, or rye toast slice breads or toasted pita pockets.
- For variety, crumble a small amount of reduced fat feta over the top for a more intense flavour.
Category: Everyday (Green)
Recipe adapted with permission from Nutrition Australia.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.