g Best choice V Vegetarian NF Nut free Breakfast Main meal
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add tomatoes, then fill the empty can(s) with water and pour into the pan with the beans, bay leaves and rosemary.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the remaining oil and season with pepper.
- Top each piece of toast with a slice of cheese and grill for 2–3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- To serve, spoon the beans over each piece of toast and top with extra black pepper if desired.
- These beans are a tasty breakfast alternative, and will keep refrigerated for 2–3 days.
- Try stirring the beans into a vegetable soup for added dietary fibre.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields