g Best choice Snack
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 160oc.
- Mix together the apple puree, carrot, beaten eggs, honey, and vanilla, set aside.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry and combine, slowly working from the centre out.
- Stir through the walnuts.
- Tip into the appropriate size lined and sprayed tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 a hours, depending on the size of the cake. Test with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Cool on an oven rack for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- For the frosting, beat all the ingredients in a mixer with a balloon whisk until light and aerated. Spread this on top of the cooled cake. Garnish with pepita seeds and orange segments.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields