g Best choice NF Nut free EF Egg free DF Dairy free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Heat oil in a large pot, brown lamb shoulders, set aside.
- Sweat off onion and garlic, after 5 minutes add the carrot, potato, sweet potato, zucchini and herbs, cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the pearl barley to the. pot along with the stock, stir. Add the lamb shoulder and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 – 3 ½ hours.
- Remove lamb shoulder from soup and allow to cool slightly, using gloves, remove all of the meat from the bones, discard the bones and chop the meat.
- Before putting the meat back into the soup skim the top for any impurities and discard.
- Return chopped up meat to the soup and season with black pepper.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields