a Choose carefully V Vegetarian SF Soy free NF Nut free EF Egg free Breakfast Snack
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 2 of the eggs, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until thick and pale.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with milk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 25cm x 18cm slice tin, lined with baking paper.
- Mix together the cream cheese, yoghurt and remaining egg in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the slice and gently spread it with a spatula to make a ‘swirl’ pattern.
- Press the apples into the topping and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 (or more) squares to serve.
- This slice can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Try serving warm with low fat yoghurt and sprinkled with grated lemon rind.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields