The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
Recipe reproduced with permission from the Long Day Care Recipe Competition – entry by Coburg Children’s Centre, 2022
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add onions and sauté until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots and zucchini and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, lentils, stock powder, bay leaves and boiling water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta and continue to simmer until pasta is cooked, approx. 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with sliced bread stick.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”). When preparing this recipe, it is important to double-check the label of ingredients every time you make prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
Each serve provides
|Meat/ alternatives||0.5 children’s serves|
|Vegetables||0.6 children’s serves|
|Grains||0.3 children’s serves|
- For soy free check label of stock and choose product that does not contain soy.
- For egg free, check label of pasta and choose product that does not contain egg.
- For wheat free and gluten free, use gluten free pasta and bread and check stock doesn’t contain gluten.
- For vegan, check label of pasta and choose product that does not contain egg.
- Vegetables can also be swapped for other vegetables you may have on hand such as red capsicum and pumpkin.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields