Understanding the Healthy Choices guidelines for retail food outlets and caterers
Learn how to implement changes to provide and promote healthier foods and drinks in your organisation.
You will get the essential skills and knowledge to transform your business to meet the Victorian Government’s Healthy Choices guidelines for:
- hospitals and health services*
- sport and recreation centres
- tertiary institutions
*this training covers the general Healthy Choices guidelines, not the Healthy choices: policy directive for Victorian public health services. For tailored support in understanding and implementing the Policy directive please contact us directly.
You will be able to download a certificate after completing a short post-training questionnaire.
Who is this training for: Healthy Choices implementers
“Very helpful and covers all areas for making healthy choices. This module should be compulsory for all staff at food retailers.”
“It was a great information session. Now I go looking for the healthier ‘GREEN’ foods everywhere I go. All businesses with a canteen should attend.”
- the importance of supporting healthy eating in your community
- the Victorian Government’s Healthy Choices guidelines
- how to assess your own menus, products and recipes using FoodChecker
- the steps to transforming your menu
- how to promote healthier options for sales success
- simple ways to modify recipes
- how to source healthier products