g Best choice V Vegetarian NF Nut free GF Gluten free EF Egg free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Separate the sprigs and the roots of the coriander. Put the sprigs aside for later. Finely chop the roots and wash thoroughly, drain, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add the coriander root, Moroccan seasoning and the carrot, cook for a further 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the stock and water, bring to the boil. Add the lentils, bring back to the boil, stirring, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35-45 minutes or until the lentils have broken down. May need slightly longer for a bigger batch.
- Mix together gently the yoghurt, parsley and half of the coriander leaves chopped.
- Once soup is finished throw the remaining coriander leaves in and stir. Ladle in to bowls and top with a spoon full of the yoghurt.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields