g Best choice Snack
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners, and pre-heat oven to 160ºC
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a large bowl
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet, incorporate slowly, don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into muffin liners and spread evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the batter.
- Allow muffins to. cool in muffin tray for at least 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Remove the muffin cases before refrigerating.
- For yoghurt frosting, beat the strained yoghurt, apple puree, sweetener and vanilla together in a mixer for 5 minutes.
- Once muffins are completely cooled pipe on yoghurt frosting and sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts and or lightly dust with cinnamon.