Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease muffin trays (regular or mini) or line trays with paper cases.
- Combine flours with the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir in grated carrot and apple.
- Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla essence in another bowl.
- Add to flour and sugar mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin trays or cases.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked and brown on top.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- This mixture can be baked in a loaf tin and then sliced when cooled. The cooking time will be approx 45 minutes.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields