a Choose carefully NF Nut free Main meal
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and cook over a medium to high heat until transparent.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and celery and cook until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushroom soup, dried herbs, cooked chicken and water; cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Mix in chopped parsley and serve with rice.
- To make this vegetarian, replace the chicken with equal quantities of canned chickpeas or butter beans.
- You can replace the fresh mushrooms with champignons which are often a cheaper alternative to mushrooms and will keep their shape when cooked.