a Choose carefully NF Nut free DF Dairy free Main meal
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, bacon, celery, carrot and sauté until onion is transparent.
- Add barley, stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add four bean mix and tomatoes, and stir until combined.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- Scatter with parsley and serve with a bread roll.
- Leave out the bacon to make this a vegetarian option.
- Frozen chopped onion and crushed garlic can be used for convenience. Replace 1 medium onion with 125g frozen onion, and 1 clove garlic with 1 heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic.