g Best choice V Vegetarian Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- For the hummus, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth paste is achieved, a small amount of water may need to be added to achieve this. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the falafel as per green recipe, cook and set aside.
- Combine the tomato, red onion and parsley in a bowl set aside.
- To complete the dish, in a shallow bowl spread a 1 cm thick layer of the hummus, evenly place the falafel around the bowl, make a small well in the centre, add a spoon of the avocado and drizzle the oil on top, sprinkle the sumac and sesame seeds around the edge of the oil and avocado.
- Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and mint. In separate side bowls place a small amount of the tomato mix, in another bowl a spoon of yoghurt, toast the pita bread and serve alongside the dish.