Zesty pesto pasta salad
Serves: 8 large salads or 16 side salads
- 250g uncooked farfelle pasta, or pasta shells
- ½ cup (80g) basil pesto
- Juice of 1 lemon (4 tablespoons)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 200g mixed lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, according to packet instructions. Drain cooked pasta, and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil pesto and lemon juice to make the salad dressing; then gently mix the pesto dressing through the pasta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta (with dressing), and tomato, onion, lettuce and chickpeas.
- Serve as a main item, or in half-size serves for a tasty side dish.