Getting your menu assessed for outside school hours care
Let us assess it now to make sure it meets the Food and drink guidelines for outside school hours care (OSHC).
We can help! Let us assess it now to make sure it meets the Food and drink guidelines for outside school hours care (OSHC).
Before having a menu assessment, review our Getting started guide to see the recommended steps to having a healthy menu.
These steps include having:
- a demonstrated commitment and leadership from management
- a healthy eating policy which is applied across the service
To help your service in establishing a healthy menu you can:
Once you have completed these steps above, then you can submit your menu for an assessment.
Gather copies of the following:
- Your current menu, including information about the foods and drinks provided at each meal and snack time.
- The quantities of all foods and drinks provided at each meal and snack time. For example, the number of whole pieces of fruit on a fruit platter, or the quantity of milk per serve per child.
- All recipes featured in the menu including the quantity of each ingredient used.
Please note: Due to high demand, menu assessments for OSHC can take 4-6 weeks to complete. One of our team will contact you when your submission has been received.
Except where otherwise indicated, the images in this document show models and illustrative settings only, and do not necessarily depict actual services, facilities or recipients of services. This document may contain images of deceased Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In this document, ‘Aboriginal’ refers to both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. ‘Indigenous’ or ‘Koori/Koorie’ is retained when part of the title of a report, program or quotation. Copyright © State of Victoria 2016
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields