Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg replacer, water, parsley (if using), paprika (if using), cornflour and baking powder. Mix in corn.
- Heat margarine and oil in a fry pan. Place tablespoons of mixture into pan and cook both sides until golden. Remove from pan. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- For a low food chemical version, replace with grated potato and omit herbs and spices.
- Milk free margarine often contains soy. This should be checked for children who are allergic to soy.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields