Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Wash vegetables and slice into pieces of similar size (discarding capsicum seeds and stalk).
- Cut chicken into small strips, removing and discarding any leftover skin or bones.
- Heat oil in pan, add chicken and garlic and gently cook until chicken is brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and sweet chilli sauce to pan. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is warmed through.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- Use pork strips as an alternative to chicken.
- Serve with brown rice, couscous or noodles for variety.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields