Use canned legumes such as cannellini beans instead of dried legumes. Include at step 3 and reduce cooking time to 30 minutes.
For 6 serves use 2 x 400g cans.
For 25 serves use 4 x 400g cans.
For 60 serves use 9 x 400g cans.
- Cook oil, onion, carrot and celery on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and potato and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, soup mix or kidney beans and crushed tomatoes. Cover.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for approximately 90 minutes or until the legumes are tender.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the pasta and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve lightly sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and a slice of wholemeal bread on the side.
- For a milk protein free option omit parmesan cheese.
- For a gluten/wheat free option use gluten free stock and serve with gluten free bread.
- For a soy free option use soy free stock.
- For a nut free option, ensure the crushed garlic does not contain any nut products.
- For an egg free option, ensure the pasta does not contain any egg products.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
Each serve provides
|Grains (lasagne sheets)||1 children’s serve|
|Vegetables||2 children’s serve|
|meat/alternatives (beef)||1 children’s serve|
|milk/alternatives (cheese)||1 children’s serve|
1 ½ children’s serves of vegetables
1 ½ children’s serves of grains (pasta, bread)
- Soak the dried soup mix or kidney beans overnight as this will reduce the cooking time.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields