Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread bread thinly with margarine and press slices into a muffin tin, spread-side down.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs and milk, then stir in corn and grated cheese. Spoon mixture into bread cups. Bake for 20 minutes until egg has set.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- For a variation see Egg and baked bean bread cups at www.heas.health.vic.gov.au
- Serve as a snack on days where more foods from the meat/alternatives and milk/alternatives food group are required.
- Corn and cheese can be replaced with spinach and feta for flavour variation.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields