Recipe adapted from Get Up and Grow: Cooking for Children with permission of the Australian Government.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and chop potato into small pieces. Steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Mash potato and chicken with lemon juice until smooth. Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Combine egg replacer and water as per instructions on egg replacer package.
- Combine potato and chicken mixture with the corn, onion, breadcrumbs and egg replacer mixture.
- Take small handfuls of mixture and roll into balls. Flatten gently to form patties.
- Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place patties on lined tray.
- Refrigerate until patties are firm.
- Spray the patties lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake in oven, turning once, for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with gluten free bread and lettuce, sliced tomato and cucumber (or with cooked vegetables).
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- Canned tuna, beef or pork mince can be used instead of chicken. Tuna should only be used if no children require fish-free meals.
- Gluten free bread can often contain soy. This should be checked for children who are allergic to soy.
- Gluten free bread can often contain egg. This should be checked for children who are allergic to egg.
- Serve with regular bread for children who are not allergic to wheat and who do not have coeliac disease.
- This recipe can be served with cooked vegetables instead of salad.
Allergy friendly recipes
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields