g Best choice V Vegetarian GF Gluten free DF Dairy free Snack
Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners, and pre-heat oven to 180ºC
- In a large bowl or mixer combine mashed ripe bananas, eggs, nut butter, and vanilla essence.
- Add the almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries. *If using frozen berries and batter seems too thin, add more almond meal to absorb the moisture
- Pour the batter into muffin liners and spread evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the batter.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tray for at least 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields