Recipe adapted from Get Up and Grow: Cooking for Children with permission of the Australian Government.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Boil potatoes until just cooked. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Peel and chop onions.
- Slice cooked potatoes and finely slice ham.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Sauté until soft but not brown.
- Add ham, peas and sliced potato, and gently stir through.
- Place vegetables and ham into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over vegetables.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, and pour evenly over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with half a medium pita bread per child, and lettuce and sliced tomato.
- For a milk protein free option, omit cheese.
- For a gluten/wheat free option, serve with gluten free bread or wraps (check for soy if necessary), and ensure the ham is gluten free.
For a vegetarian alternative, omit ham and increase eggs to:
- 6 eggs for 6 serves
- 25 eggs for 25 serves
- 60 eggs for 60 serves.
- Potatoes can be boiled the day before to save time (store overnight in the fridge).
Making sure you offer enough food from each core food…
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields