The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil on low heat until soft.
- Add pumpkin, red lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pumpkin and lentils are tender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with a spoon of natural yoghurt and a slice of wholemeal bread.
- For a milk protein free and lactose free option serve the soup without yoghurt.
- For a gluten/wheat free option, use gluten free stock and serve with gluten free bread (check for soy if necessary).
- Check stock for sources of soy.
- For a spicier version add grated ginger, ground coriander and cumin to taste at step 1.
Making sure you offer enough food from each core food…
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields