Recipe adapted from Get Up and Grow: Cooking for Children with permission of the Australian Government.
The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Stir and cook until soft but not brown.
- Add tuna, broccoli florets and potato. Gently stir to heat through.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place vegetable and tuna mix into an ovenproof dish. Add corn.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over vegetable and tuna mix.
- Pour egg mixture into the dish, ensuring good coverage over vegetables, tuna and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with sliced lettuce and tomato and half a pita bread per child.
- For an egg free option replace each egg with 1 teaspoon of egg replacer and 2 tablespoons of water.
- For a gluten/wheat free option, serve with gluten free bread/wraps.
- For a soy free option use soy free bread.
Making sure you offer enough food from each core food…
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields