g Best choice DF Dairy free SF Soy free NF Nut free LF Lactose free GF Gluten free FS Fish and shellfish free EF Egg free Main meal
This recipe was developed by chefs at Western District Health Service.
- Pre heat the oven to 150oc.
- Heat a pan or grill, brown the lamb on all sides.
- In a baking tray put the onion, carrot, celery and the garlic, place the meat on top.
- Sprinkle the herbs on and around the meat, pour in the stock.
- Cover the tray with grease proof paper and foil, cook for 2 -2 ½ hours for the smaller pieces and up to 5 hours for the larger pieces.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Strain the vegetables in the tray and discard, reserve the braising liquid.
- Pull all the meat from the bones and chop, mix with the reserved juices and store covered in the cool room for future use or freeze.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields