Recipe adapted with permission from Cooking for kids with food allergy, Department of Nutrition and Food Service, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. The nutritional information provided is based on the exact ingredients and method as shown. Any variation/s to the ingredients or method may alter the nutritional outcome.
- Blend milk, yoghurt and chopped fruit in blender until smooth.
- Pour and serve straight away.
This recipe does not account for potential contamination that may occur through manufacturing and processing. Ingredients in this recipe may still have precautionary allergen food labelling (e.g. “may contain traces of”).
When preparing this recipe, it is important to:
- double-check the label of ingredients every time you make it
- prevent any contamination during preparation, cooking and serving.
- Kids can help by threading pieces of fruit onto the paddle pop sticks.
- For a milk free option, serve with soy yoghurt, coconut milk yoghurt or rice milk custard instead of yoghurt.
- Try the following fruit ideas: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, canned peaches, frozen berries.